Thursday, February 21, 2013

self-righteousness-awerness campain

Have you ever watched "Dogville"? its a great movie that taught me a lot about myself. I do not judge others according to my standards because I strive to be the best human being that I can, and that includes being forgiving and understanding of anyones imperfections (including my own). But you know? I hadn't realized, until very recently, that forgiving sometimes can mix itself with having pity... and avoiding conflict can allow wrong-doing not only to myself, but also to those that I care about. And for what? Self-righteousness?

I'm extremely arrogant, no one needs to tell me that (and when they do I sometimes even like it), but someone once told me I was "too good" as if this was something to complain about... which kind of contradicts my previous confession. And since then I've hated to be called that. But they are right: everything in excess is bad, even the good things, even the good intentions, and even forgiving. Sometimes being rude and make someone take notice, as I just did, is not only the right thing to do but the loving thing to do for them. Yes, calling me what used to be the worst offense I could describe, was a caring way to tell me there was still room for improvement hidden behind my huge arrogance.

And now, what all of these words were trying to express is that I'm TOO nice to tell you somethings in your face, and just because I don't, it doesn't mean there is no complaints or criticisms to share. It means there is always room for improvement, but the best way to realize it is to pay attention and start looking at yourself, as I also look at myself and as I look at you. Start judging me according to your standards and see what you can criticize about me that I could not criticize about you. Start by asking yourself if this is meant for YOU to read it, cause maybe there is room for improvement behind that arrogance of ours.

No comments:

Post a Comment