Thursday, February 21, 2013

dream of a winter morning

Looking down my jacket I'm trying to understand why my bright wine-red tie wont fit, I realize the node is not right and I pull it off with frustration like if it wasn't the first time it went wrong. Start all over again but pretty soon mi interrupted by the sound of a door opening that compels me to turn my head around, and again, I miss the node. Frustrated about it I turn to see who is to blame for distracting me, and as soon as I do, I can't seem to remember what was I doing before I saw her.

Through the door, a beautiful and sophisticated looking girl wearing a long and shiny blue dress comes in and gently asks  -Are you ready?- I reply raising one eyebrow with a gesture of doubt while showing her the horrible mess around my neck. A whisper of dissapointment mixed with a little humour follows as she starts walking towards me before taking the tie away from my neck with a gentle jet aggressive pull that makes me loose my balace a little as I get bend down closer to her. And as soon as I quickly recover and turn my head down to see her progress I realize the node is perfectly finished. -Now you are ready- she says giving me a smile as I stare confused wondering how she did it, but it doesn't matter.

After taking my hand we start walking to the door on the other side of the room and just before we reach it, she suddenly stops and turns to me saying -I almost forgot...- . Then I notice she has red carnival mask in her other hand, same red as the suit I'm wearing, so I take it and only until then I notice she is wearing a similar mask but in a matching blue, had she been wearing it this whole time? can't remember if she had it on before or not, cant seem to remember her face, but it doesn't matter, so I just put my mask and soon as I do, her voice cheerfully says -Lets go!- and her hand firmly starts to pull me again.

It takes jus a few more steps before we reach the door we where heading for and as a gentle man I open it and gesture for her to go in before me. A smile and a bow thank me this invitation but as soon as she goes on, she pulls me in hard enough to make me loose my balance and I stumble into the next room following her and trying not to fall down while still being in her guiding grip that won't let me go as she continues to pull me gently towards her. I slowly recover to notice her face right next to mine, my hands around her waist holding her tight and her arms streched over my shoulders as if we were about to dance. I'm standing confortable again somehow, jet hypnotized by her skills and beauty. All I see is a pair of beautiful eyes hiding behind the blue mask mixed with a big naughty smile that blinds my senses. I just do not realise where I am until several moments after.

I'm at the biggest hall I have ever seen, an endless sequence of domes and pillars extending without end in all directions, and an incredible amount of people is dancing in circles around us, everyone with different colourful suits and dresses similar to ours, and everyone with a different matching mask. No trace of the door we crossed or some way to go in or out of there, but it doesn't seem to matter, is actually the overwhelming immensity of the room and the ridiculous amount of people around me what starts to scare me.

I turn around desperate, only to see more colourful people spinning in circles. All the movement is starting to make me confused and more scared, but then someone captures my attention. I see a brunet, in a blue dress, with beautiful eyes hidden by a blue mask, standing still and alone with one of her hands streched towards me and leaning her head just a little making her seem playful while she keeps staring at me with that naughty smile that had me hypnotized before She seems to be waiting for me to accept her hand so I reach out for it and in that moment, as our hands touch, it seems I completely forget where I am, it doesn't seem to bother me any more so I now I it is me who leads her into the same dancing position as we were just a moment ago. Now it is me who is smiling.

I am staring into her eyes again, and after a short bow we begin to dance in circles mixing around the crowd. There I am, dancing in circles lost in between thousand of couples doing the same thing as we are, all the colours moving in the background melt beautifully as we turn in perfect synchrony with the rest. We go on, and on, and on... we never stop... there is no entrance or exit, and it doesn't seem to matter. I never stop staring and smiling, she never stops either, we never stop dancing, going around in circles... and it is fine. It doesn't matter... nothing else matters any more.

No comments:

Post a Comment